Green Funding Opportunities
Community Capital Fund (Ontario Trillium Foundation) [view web site]
50% funding for capital projects that increase energy efficiency and green building. Funding ranges between $20,000 and $500,000.
Community Development Program (Rural Secretariat) [view web site]
50% to 66% funding to a maximum of $200,000 for projects that develop partnerships to:
- enhance capacity for innovative development
- builds knowledge on barriers, barrier removal, gaps in access and use of tools, new tools and information to address gaps and barriers to rural and northern development.
- engage and mobilize community and regional stakeholders to work together on development issues.
Community Energy Partnership Program [view web site]
Up to 90% of cost coverage for project design and development activities and regulatory approvals necessary in developing community power projects. Maximum total grant is $200,000 per project and may have a technology specific cap.
EcoAction Community Funding [view web site]
50% funding up to a maximum of $100,000 per project that aims to:
- reduce emissions that contribute to air pollution
- divert and reduce substances that negatively affect water quality or to focus on water conservation and efficiency
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change or to deal with the impacts of climate change
- reduce biodiversity loss, protect wildlife and plants, and protect and improve the habitat where they live
Green Municipal Fund [view web site]
Funding for up to 80% of eligible project costs. Projects include:
- bringing contaminated sites back into productive use and reduce the need for Greenfield development.
- reduce energy consumption.
- reduce fuel consumption for transportation
- reduce waste sent to the landfill
- watershed protection.
Loans are also available to a maximum of $10 million dollars and grant amounts may be set at up to 20% of the loan (max. $1 million grant).